The Plant Maintenance Manager Position is responsible to manage engineering and maintenance services to achieve maximum financial results from the plant’s capital expenditures, maintenance expenditures, production equipment and fixed assets. Works across teams to maximize plant productivity, and promote safety and quality.
- Manage engineering and maintenance services and ensure operational reliability.
- Oversee preventative maintenance compliance and effectiveness.
- Develop, monitor and ensure timely completion of plant goals/action plans, both short and long term.
- Assist Plant Manager in making operational improvements to reduce costs and to increase productivity.
- Utilize new technology and lean manufacturing principles and processes available to maximize efficiency.
- Plan, manage and execute capital asset program in compliance with Annual Operating Plan and established policy.
- Have or develop a network base with equipment vendors.
- Promote development of cost-saving initiatives including management of utilities and equipment.
- Provide the day-to-day operational leadership for mechanics and associated personnel.
- Develop a work environment within manufacturing that promotes trust, teamwork quality, and safety.
- Assign accountability, build teams, hire, develop, evaluate, train, and discipline.
- Ensure the adherence to policies, practices, and procedures.
- Communicate items of interest or concern to employees and Plant Manager via written and oral communication.
- Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Federal and State guidelines
- Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.)
- Personal and professional integrity
- Must pass pre-employment testing.
- Distant Lands Coffee is a drug-free workplace.
- Some weekend and overtime work will be required.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions of hands and lift up to 55 pounds.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner, pass in-house forklift training/certification
- Work in an environment where temperatures may vary
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical, engineering or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline; or equivalent education/experience in the manufacturing field.
- 3+ years supervisory in food/beverage experience preferred.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION ARE: Maintenance Technicians Team