Create, develop and implement DLC’s corporate vision and strategy for market share expansion and product line growth. Manage brand and design development for all of our products within various segments. Coordinate customer rollouts internally to ensure there is clear and concise communication between sales, operations and customer service.
Work with Sr. Manager-Sales for Panera Brand management functions including development of the annual marketing plan, brand strategy, product positioning, promotions, profitability, packaging and consumer communication.
Support the sales team in responding to customer requests. Travel up to 20% of the time as needed to support customer and corporate initiatives.
- Build and develop our own brand, as well as other customer brands
- Provide strategic direction and brand awareness for all of our products
- Bring innovative ideas to the management team for consideration
- Project Management
- Report and update key stakeholders on marketing/sales/product development initiatives and projects.
- Gather information from all stakeholders and business segments for new product development and sales initiatives.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on sales analysis, marketing research and competitive analysis.
- Responsible for CPG marketing, creative ideas identifying opportunities for growth.
- Making recommendations or decisions regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, packaging, promotions, advertising and product lifecycle.
- Manage marketing budget and develop strategic marketing plan by channel.
- Conduct and analyze consumer research to determine new marketing and product opportunities and to validate new products and programs.
- Help with development of new products and product related marketing opportunities, from concept through implementation strategies, for new and existing products.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations in a professional and effective manner.
- Provide art direction to Graphics team to ensure successful and timely project completion.
- Ensure legal compliance by maintaining files and following registration requirements for programs, trademarks, etc.
- Coordinate trade shows and events; hands-on involvement for a variety of marketing logistics; booth scheduling and shipping, coordination and planning.
- Merges trends and other primary and secondary forms of research with fact-based business insights to arrive at sound strategic recommendations. Uses data to tell a logical story. Develops and manages multi-channel, integrated marketing plans for promotions, brand initiatives or product.
- Manages the daily operation of the marketing group, ensuring smooth and efficient workflow.
- Strong leadership of cross-functional partners required to ensure successful launch of innovations.
- Other management requests and projects as required.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors and company contacts.
- Above average computer skills to perform essential functions below – exceptionally proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Good understanding of design production and printing processes.
- Good understanding of company business segments.
- Strong leadership, collaboration and experience and proven ability to influence and manage cross-team projects.
- Problem solving/analysis
- Customer/client focus
- Decision marking
- Progressive experience in product or brand management, and financial understanding of a retail or packaged goods environment, specifically in the food/beverage industry.
- Desire to become an expert in Specialty Coffee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field; or related field or equivalent education/experience in the sales and marketing field.
- CPG Marketing experience preferred.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION ARE: Graphic Designer, Project Manager and Sales Support Assistant.